- Can past draws be used to predict winning lottery outcomes?
- The ART of staff training: responding appropriately to gamblers in need
- How long should I self-exclude?
- New Horizons 2014 registration now open...and lots of improvements are in the works
- Finding new ways to flag risks of gambling among youth
Tag Archives: responsible gambling
This was the question asked recently by reporter Mike Howell of the Vancouver Courier when news reports about the planned relocation of the Edgewater Casino mentioned the program in answer to concerns about the management of problem gambling. So what … Continue reading
The 2014 New Horizons in Responsible Gambling conference launched a brand new website this week, and registrations are now being accepted with terrific Early Bird discounts. And the BCLC team is definitely on track to provide an even better learning … Continue reading
I recently ran across an article by Charles Livingstone (of Australia’s Monash University) with a headline that attracted my attention: “Responsible gambling and the spectacle of the ‘problem gambler.’ ” In the article, Livingstone expresses the view that, while governments, … Continue reading
It’s fairly well-known that, like other Canadian jurisdictions, BCLC has a regulatory obligation to provide responsible gambling training to front line gambling workers across the Province. Over the years we’ve developed an appropriate curriculum, and made substantial improvements to both the content … Continue reading